Injury and Family Law Settlements
During his career, David Hesser has settled, litigated and/or resolved many cases in which he served as either lead counsel or was primarily responsible for the case, settlement or verdict including:
See our Personal Injury Page
- $1,600,000. Settlement, forklift accident, plaintiff injured leg on dock involving multiple surgeries to leg and skin grafts. Attorney’s fees of approximately $640,000 plus litigation expenses charged. Co-counsel with Mr. Ungar included Les Martin. Defense attorneys: Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith, PLC, one of the premier law firms in the Gulf South.
- $4,500,000. Settlement, contractual dispute against powerplant company. Attorney’s fees of $425,000 charged by firm Patrick and Hesser plus costs, additional fees charged by co-counsel. Orleans Parish, Louisiana. Defense attorneys: Liskow & Lewis and Greenburg Taurig with over 1,750 attorneys worldwide.
- $425,000. Settlement day of trial after first witness testimony, offshore injury, ship accident, trip and fall, injured neck and cervical surgery, suit filed Galveston, Texas Federal Court. Attorney’s fees charged, $170,000 plus costs. Defense attorneys: Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith, PLC, one of the premier law firms in the Gulf South.
- $450,000. Settlement day of trial, ship accident as approaching dock, bit broke and piece of bit struck plaintiff, neck injury and cervical surgery. Suit filed in Galveston, Texas Federal Court. Attorney’s fees charged $180,000 plus costs.
- $1,000,000. Wrongful death, offshore injury, platform fell through open hole and landed on pipe. Suit filed in Lafayette, Louisiana Federal Court. Attorney’s fee charged $400,000 plus costs. Defense attorneys included: Voorhies & Labbe and Mcglinchey Stafford, PLLC
- $300,000. Chair collapse, tubular steel construction defective, back injury and surgery. Suit filed in Houma, Louisiana District Court. Attorney’s fee charged $120,000 plus costs.
- $10,000,000. Settlement, community property settlement, divided community property estate between spouses. Resolved out of court. Attorney’s fees charged less than $20,000 plus costs.
- $300,000. Settlement, car accident, fractured neck vertebra, halo treatment, injury resolved. Houma State Court. Attorney’s fee charged $120,000 plus costs.
- $2,000,000. Community property settlement, divided community estate between spouses. Suit litigated in Rapides Parish District Court. High conflict divorce case. Attorney’s fee charged $50,000 plus costs. See our Family Law Page.
- $200,000. Settlement at mediation, shrimp boat accident, offhsore injury, wrongful death drowning while swimming. Suit filed in Mobile Alabama District Court. Attorney’s fee charged $80,000 plus costs.
- $80,000. Settlement, automobile accident, knee injury with surgery missed little work. Attorney’s fee charged $26,000 plus costs.
- $50,000. Settlement, slip and fall, grocery store on small leaf, neck injury. Attorney’s fee charged $20,000 plus costs.
- $857,000. Trial Court verdict, judgment not yet paid on appeal, spousal support award for non-payment of spousal support to ex-wife. Ruling of the Court. Attorney’s fee to be charged $285,000 plus costs.
- $4,000,000. Trial Court verdict, judgment obtained on motion to enforce community property settlement, case on appeal. Suit filed in Grant Parish District Court. Attorney’s fee to be charged $1,332,000 plus costs.
- $32,500. Settlement, slip and fall aggravation of pre-existing leg disease. Attorney’s fee to be charged $10,000 plus costs.
David Hesser has tried many child custody, support, divorce cases and injury cases. He has litigated many other cases other than the ones listed above. These examples of cases depend on the specific facts of the case and in no way indicate what recovery if any you may obtain in your case. Names of parties removed to protect confidential information. Settlement/Recoveries listed above are approximate values. Except where indicated attorney fees were set by firms Mr. Hesser was formerly employed as an attorney.Our law firm has recently or is currently representing injured persons in cases against:
- State Farm Insurance
- Allstate Insurance
- American Casualty Insurance
- Kershaw Manufacturing
- SeaRiver Marine
- The Alexandria Mall Company
- IKW Enterprises, Inc.
- Progressive Insurance
- Young Construction
- Colony Insurance
- AIG Insurance
- City of Shreveport
- Housing Authority of Natchitoches
- Natchitoches Regional Hospital
- American Century Insurance
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Boomtown Casino
- Norvatis, Zelnorm
- PeterPan Peanut Butter, Great American Foods, Conagra
We also take on difficult family law matters that other attorneys refuse to take involving: doctors, lawyers, spouses of doctors, spouses of lawyers and other difficult matters.
Reported Cases: Lea v. Sanders, 890 So.2d 764, 2004-762 (La. App. 3 Cir. 12/22/04), setting the standard in Louisiana for Shared Custody; Walk Haydel and Assoc., Inc., v. Coastal Power Prod. Co., 934 F. Supp. 209 (E.D. La. 1996); Pulver v. 1st Lake Properties, Inc., 96-248 (La. App. 5th Cir. 9/18/96), 681 So. 2d 965; Arnette v. NPC Services, Inc., (La. App. 1st Cir. 9/28/01) 809 So. 2d 384; Latin Am. Energy Dev. Inc., v.Vague 1996 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8120 (E.D. La. 1996); Walk Haydel and Assoc., Inc. v. Coastal Power Production Co., 98-CA-0193 (La. App. 4th Cir. 9/30/98) 720 So. 2d 372; Argument at Trial Court Level Set Louisiana’s Standard for Enforcement of Mediation Agreements; and Bush v. Diamond Offshore Co., 1999 WL 33236363 (E.D. La. 1999).